The Return of the (it turns out) Not-So Reluctant Blog

... But Still the Scourge of Kiwi Fruit Everywhere.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

C/Raven

I find myself, even after all these years, unable to face my past mistake. It may not be the greatest, but it is the one that continues to unman me even today. Guilt has been a bird on my shoulder, pecking away at my heart. I do not know for how long I can continue like this: a man maimed by his own doing, I live in a place full of mirrors, showing me what I have done. Such ruthlessness can only be reserved for Greek tragedies. Or comedies, even! It verges on the laughable (Although at times I have suspected it has crossed it, doubled back and circled again!)... I can only see one way out but it frightens me to think of a future without regret. Perhaps after everything, that is the only thing I have possessed?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home